Since our Calm Parenting Workshop on June 24, I have been on a journey to become the father, the parent that God created me to be so that I could raise my children to become everything God created them to be. I have laughed and cried, had great moments and monumental letdowns, but through it all I have grown. I have grown as a parent. I have grown as a husband. I have grown as a man. And our home, our family is better for it.
I have been praying that you would experience the same growth that I have been living. And I continue to pray that God guides you on your journey to become the parent God has created you to be so that you can raise the twenty-three year old, healthy, well-adjusted adults God has created your children to be.
CPU Workshop Session 4 Recap
Instead of trying to externally motivate your children, it’s critical to spark internal motivation so they can take responsibility for their own lives.
10 Strategies to Motivate Your Kids:
- Raise your kids according to THEIR way, not yours.
- Speak to your kids like adults. It makes them feel safe.
- Replace lectures with intense praise. Create a vision of who your child can be.
- Motivate kids by respecting their space and removing yourself.
- Practice servant leadership.
- Rebuild your relationship.
- Address the deeper issues.
- Meet needs instead of changing behavior.
- Spark internal motivation.
- Reach into your child’s heart.
- Proverbs 22:6
- Luke 15:4-6
- Matthew 20:26-28
- Matthew 21:28-32
- Praise your children with intensity.
- Consider apologizing for lecturing, yelling, or being controlling.
- Make a list of your child’s natural gifts, talents and passions.
May God bless you richly through your ongoing journey to become more of what God created you to be so your kids can become more of what He created them to be.