Are you beginning to notice a new atmosphere in your home? Are you starting to experience a new hope for your home? I continue to pray that God will use these concrete practical strategies to help you on your journey to become the parents God has created us to be so that we can raise the twenty-three year old, healthy, well-adjusted adults God has created our children to be.
CPU Workshop Session 3 Recap
When was the last time you physically showed your children HOW to handle their anger, frustration and disappointment? Emotional meltdowns and defiance are tremendous opportunities to teach our children the lifelong skill of self-control while building a closer relationship.
10 Strategies to Stop Defiance, Disrespect, and Meltdowns:
- Do not provoke. How do we provoke our kids?
- Do not react. Ever.
- Practice acknowledgement to defuse situations.
- Do not misjudge your kids’ motives.
- Get to the root of the issue.
- Put it back in your child’s court. Give them ownership.
- Teach your kids how to disagree respectfully.
- Demonstrate self-respect when your kids are outwardly defiant or ignore you.
- Match your kids’ intensity with problem solving.
- Turn meltdowns into an opportunity.
- Proverbs 15:1
- Colossians 3:21
- Proverbs 15:8
- Reach out to one other parent this week. Share a listening ear and encouragement.
- Practice the power of acknowledgement this week.
- Develop a new calming routine as a family.
May God bless you richly this week as you move forward to becoming more of what God created you to be so your kids can become more of what God created them to be.